Friday, October 15, 2010

My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho

I've been pretty busy of late and have yet to update this blog on my Bao Bao's birthday celebration and my trip to Hatnyai Thailand. But I absolutely cannot help myself and fell in love with this drama!! It is by far my most favored Korean drama (not that I watch many though).
This romantic comedy drama tells the story of a rich and spoiled University student called Cha Dae Woong who accidentally released a nine tailed fox from her imprisonment in a portrait. The gumiho (nine tailed fox) took a shape of a beautiful young woman and saved him from certain death by loaning him her fox bead (the wonders it can do makes me want to get one XD). From here, their story begins with a reluctant and fearful bond to a beautiful and touching relationship. It's a definite must watch for anyone who loves romance, drama, comedy and fantasy. It's also a definite plus that there is another love story about a soft spoken lady and a rough and dramatic director who tries to portray the essence of Chow Yun Fatt (I'm not kidding). They're bound to tickle your senses silly!!

The main characters are Lee Seung Ki (Cha Dae Woong) and Shi Min Ah (Gu Miho). It is undeniable that one of the main attractions of this show is the attraction the actors bring. Gu MiHo plays an adorable little fox who knows little of the world but has boundless cheer and is easily satisfied (think meat meat meat). What I discovered (and am totally liking *ahem*) is that Lee Seung Ki has a killer smile! I don't believe I have ever seen a more entrancing smile than the ones he gave the audience in this drama. His smile pins your heart and pulls it towards him. Don't believe me? Watch it!

Even the mean girl trying to steal him away from Gu MiHo (yes I know there's always one in Korean dramas) look so sweet and innocent that you wouldn't believe your eyes at first. She is one good actress because she can pull off such a sly role.
Also prevalent in most Korean dramas, there will be an underdog who pursues the main female lead. During his first appearance in the drama, my friend (you know who you are) commented that "He is so pretty! His eyes got electricity! It's like it shocks you!". Just for your info my friend is MALE and is totally straight. XD What more could a girl ask for, 2 devastatingly handsome men vying for the attention and love of one girl. Gah~~ But on a side note, this drama has a special approach since Park Dong Ju (No Min Woo) doesn't directly pursue MiHo and has a thousand year history with her! I don't usually say this but No Min Woo is sexy!!

Without fail, this drama makes me laugh and cry. It touches me about how beautiful love can be and makes every girl want what these 2 main male roles can give! Pictures do these actors and actresses no justice so if you want to know how good they are, watch the show. I've painfully awaited this show till the last episode so as to not have to stop because the episodes or subs aren't out yet. It was definitely worth the wait and provided me and Bao Bao with lots of laughter (and me with plenty of tears. XD) This could cheer you up even if you fell into a ditch. :D Think about it!

1 comment:

andry yudha said...

i super love my girlfriend is a gumiho ♥


nice share:D

Post a Comment