Saturday, October 16, 2010

Thailand Trip Day 1

I was so excited. This was going to be my first trip out of Malaysia as an adult. It was 5am and I was up before the rooster. I slept lightly and was ready for our girls trip out! My Mum spent 2 weeks reassuring me and my sister that the bus would be very comfortable and coolly air conditioned. That's only a half truth. XD Cuz the seats were rock hard and the air conditioning Arctic cold!!

My dad gave us a lift to Chow Yang where our bus was waiting but upon entering the bus, my sister and I felt we were on the wrong bus. Why? Cuz left, right and center, it was filled with VSOP (Very Strong OLD People)! It seems like we were guppies in a tank of goldfishes. There were 48 of us but only 3 young ladies.

If someone tells you that the bus would only take 6 hours to reach Thailand with lots of toilet breaks, let me reassure you that THEY'RE LYING. Our supposed 6 hours travel trip to Thailand ended up being 9 hours plus of bus trip. Although to be fair, we did stop for breakfast at Ipoh where I bought tasty chicken biscuit for Bao Bao! The Pun Chun Chicken Biscuit and Restaurant is a restaurant cum shop that sells Pun Chun's various food products plus normal Ipoh hawker food.

We spent most of the trip snoozing and and going at the bathroom stops. We stopped at the customs where I got my first stamp on my passport! At the Thai customs, we could see plenty of odd foods like corn that is purple.

We reached Hap Chai at about 4.30pm and checked into our hotel. For a three star hotel it's pretty AWFUL. The carpets were dusty, hot water in the bathroom was nonexistent but their food fantastic! We also found out later that the hotel we were living in was haunted (thank god we heard after we left).

We spent a few hours after that walking the streets of Hap Chai where various things like clothes, toys, food and snacks were being sold. We even came upon a store which sold bird's nest! Then we retired for the night.

1 comment:

Multi Trip said...

Really it is a nice blog, I would like to tell you that you have given me much knowledge about it. Thanks for everything.

Post a Comment