Thursday, April 3, 2014

My Meaningful April Fool's - 5th Edition

5 Fingers, 5 Chinese Elements, 5 Weekdays, 5 Points of a Star, etc. 5 is a significant number in many religions and this week, 5 is an important number for me.

With 1st of April 2014 came the 5th Anniversary of me and my Bao Bao. Yup, I kid you not, our Anniversary is on April Fool's Day. The journey has always been very smooth so I was surprised that it was already the 5th year we have been together.

This year started somewhat ambiguous since neither of us showed any signs of remembering it. Right after work for both of us, Bao Bao started driving us to a 'secret' location. It would have been very exciting but he got lost and we ended up having to use a GPS to go to a nearby location since he wouldn't concede and tell me where we were headed.

Lo and behold, we were at Burgertory! The decorations were very simple but the lack of clutter made the environment more enjoyable somehow. The restaurant was done and decorated by the owners themselves! The seats were full and customers were pouring in to fill the tables. For a place that only opens 5 hours, it was pretty good.

The menu was expansive so we had a hard time
deciding. In the end, we took Bacon Paradise and Bacon and Cheese Plus. We wanted to try both so we decided to share and try both.

The Bacon Paradise was absolutely delicious and any bacon lover would love it to bits! It has candied bacon bits and candy pork bacon on top of the scrumptious pork patty and cheddar cheese. The patty was juicy and every bit had good flavor. The sweetness from the candied bacon brought a good balance to the salted pork patty and cheese.


The Bacon and Cheese Plus is obviously made for Bacon, Cheese and Pork lovers who craves a big portion of all. Two pork patties topped with two cheddar cheese slices and two pork bacon. Don't underestimate its size (I know people who orders 10 patty burgers), it is incredible filling and good!
Drinks were refillable with hot and cold options. We went home extremely stuffed and was still feeling the pork in our mouths for hours after. I recommend this place for pork burg
er lovers but there are also other meat options
on the menu we have yet to discover.

:D And as for my personal gift to my beloved, a 17.3" Laptop Backpack fro Everki! He's been complaining that his laptop bag was hurting his shoulder (the side carry ones) so a backpack is super useful and good for his back. This is the first time I buy a bag with 3 figures but it's worth it!

I hope our next Anniversary would be equally good. I look forward to another year of smooth and warm relationship.

With all my love,
Jamien

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope I can last long like you jam :(

Jamien said...

LOL Fly Fly why not? :) I'm sure you guys are both working on your relationship a lot so there's no reason it won't la

Post a Comment